$50+ Million Recovered Since 2015
$20 Million, Product Liability Settlement
$7.7 Million Medical Misdiagnosis Verdict
Offices in Philadelphia & Conshohocken, PA
5 Mistakes to Avoid After a Pennsylvania Car Accident
Being involved in an auto accident can be an overwhelming experience – especially when the accident results in serious personal injuries. However, it is important to avoid making any mistakes that could sabotage your case. This starts by hiring a Montgomery County injury attorney from Morris Wilson, P.C. We offer a free consultation to start your case, so please don’t wait to give us a call.
What NOT to Do After a Car Accident
- Not calling the police to the scene: If you are involved in a serious accident, call 911 immediately. If the accident was minor, you should still call the police to the scene. The police will take steps to document evidence, gather statements from both drivers and any witnesses, and file an official report. This documentation could be highly beneficial to your case.
- Failing to take pictures of the accident: If you are able, take pictures of the scene of the crash with your cell phone. This includes taking pictures of the damage to both vehicles, skid marks, debris left on the road, and anything else that might be relevant to your case. Once you have been checked out by a doctor, you should also photograph the extent of your injuries.
- Speaking to the other driver’s insurance company: After an accident, it won’t be long before the at-fault driver’s insurance company gives you a call. It’s important to remember that they are not on your side. Their job is to minimize your payout. This is why you should avoid giving any sort of statement in person or over the phone. Instead, refer them to your attorney.
- Failing to seek medical treatment: After an auto accident, it is imperative that you seek medical attention right away. Even if you can’t see or feel any injuries, you should still see a doctor. Some injuries are not apparent until days or week after the accident. This is not only important for your health, but also provides evidence about the extent of your injuries.
- Failing to hire a car accident lawyer: Statistics prove that you are more likely to recover maximum compensation when you hire an attorney after a car accident. Why? Because insurance adjusters are trained to settle your claim as quickly as possible, for as little money as possible. This is why you need someone on your side protecting your rights – like Morris Wilson, P.C.
Call Morris Wilson, P.C. for a Free Consultation
If you or someone you love was injured in a car accident, you should waste no time in contacting a Montgomery County personal injury lawyer from Morris Wilson, P.C. With more than 30 years of experience and tens of millions of dollars in successful recoveries, we know how to protect your rights after an accident. Contact our office today to schedule a free consultation.
Injured? Contact Morris Wilson, P.C. today to arrange your free initial consultation.
Get the Attention to Detail Your Case Needs